Dedicated, passionate, and professional teachers are the heart of St. Mary’s Episcopal Day School. Our exceptional faculty nurtures highly motivated students in a caring and inclusive community that exemplifies our motto, Learn ~ Love ~ Lead.
More than 60 educators make up our full-time, Pre-Kindergarten – 8th grade faculty, a diverse team of professionals who love what they do. Our faculty members work in close collaboration with one another, constantly seeking new ways to integrate curricula and strengthen their students’ experiences. They are supported through ongoing, high-quality professional development and a collegial atmosphere of commitment to best practices and innovation.
Our support staff also plays a significant role in the success of St. Mary’s School. Our administrative assistants, facilities team, After School Care staff, and Tampa Police Department officers work closely with our Administration and faculty to provide a safe, welcoming, and happy atmosphere for all of our students.
St. Mary’s Episcopal Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Mary’s does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, disability, or national/ethnic origin.
Please note that employment at St. Mary’s School requires information verification, references, a background check, and fingerprinting.
Please send inquiries to email@example.com, including your resume and an introductory letter specifically stating any positions for which you are qualified.
A Great Place to Work
- 8:1 student to teacher ratio
- Average class size: 22 students in 5th through 8th grades; 22 students in 3rd and 4th grades with a full-time, shared teaching assistant; 22 students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade with a full-time, qualified teaching assistant; and 20 students in Pre-Kindergarten with one full-time and one shared qualified teaching assistant in each class.
- Annual on-site and off-site professional development opportunities that enhance teaching skills
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, vacation days and TIAA/CREF retirement plans
- Generous tuition remission for students of faculty (and all employees)
- In addition to state-of-the-art facilities, extensive resources allow faculty members to maximize curriculum development for their classroom.
- On-site health and wellness classes
- Professional and mission-driven culture
Accreditations and Memberships
A sampling of our accreditations and memberships:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Florida Council of Independent Schools
- National Association of Independent Schools
- National Association of Episcopal Schools
- Bay Area Association of Independent Schools
Professional Development Opportunities
We believe that ongoing professional development opportunities for our faculty members allow us to provide our students with the highest caliber education.
- Available travel grants provide opportunities for international travel related to curriculum and professional growth
- A wide range of opportunities (conferences, workshops, retreats, book studies, etc.) foster institutional and personal goals
- Fully covered expenses (travel, transportation, registration, materials, lodging, meals, etc.)
- Tuition reimbursement for approved continuing education
- Exceptional support for advanced degrees is provided